Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety mechanism for Supersonic
I like the supersonic mode but it's too dangerous some time. If I want to go somewhere, in the left menu or down on the horizontal scroll bar, I make an unintended trailer of flags. 
I want a shortcut, on keyboard or mouse (right click), to toggle this mode. And the long move of the pointer to pause the supersonic mode until I rest plus one second.
(07-10-2024, 02:50 PM)mihai.manole77 Wrote: I like the supersonic mode but it's too dangerous some time. If I want to go somewhere, in the left menu or down on the horizontal scroll bar, I make an unintended trailer of flags. 
I want a shortcut, on keyboard or mouse (right click), to toggle this mode. And the long move of the pointer to pause the supersonic mode until I rest plus one second.

Hi! You can press Ctrl to temporarily toggle this feature (i.e. switch it off if it is on or switch it on if it is off).
Also, when you hold the right mouse button, the supersonic modes goes into the "flag removal" mode, so you can safely move your mouse away from the game field as long as you are moving it over unflagged fields.
Long move for a pause is probably unworkable, because sometimes you may want to make a long move without switching it off, especially on larger boards.

Good luck Smile
(07-10-2024, 03:42 PM)adamn Wrote: Hi! You can press Ctrl to temporarily toggle this feature (i.e. switch it off if it is on or switch it on if it is off).
Also, when you hold the right mouse button, the supersonic modes goes into the "flag removal" mode, so you can safely move your mouse away from the game field as long as you are moving it over unflagged fields.
Long move for a pause is probably unworkable, because sometimes you may want to make a long move without switching it off, especially on larger boards.

Good luck Smile

The ctrl key doesn't go well with the mouse wheel for scrolling vertically, turns it in zoom behavior.
Thank you for the "flag removal" mode tip.
I noticed also that Disarm doesn't work with Supersonic Mode. I need it.
I think that right after setting a flag should not be allowed to uncover all surrounding fields which includes the new flagged field but after a short time, about half a second, to prevent the accidents.
I acquainted with the Supersonic mode. I use it in manual way, holding ctrl key down, to feel the presure of pushing down the key as a reminder of the danger of this tool. It's like welding a light saber, powerful but stressful. I also watch to not hurry after marking a spot. I managed to finish a game at Alien difficulty after many failures in about an hour.  Cool
(07-12-2024, 03:28 PM)mihai.manole77 Wrote: I acquainted with the Supersonic mode. I use it in manual way, holding ctrl key down, to feel the presure of pushing down the key as a reminder of the danger of this tool. It's like welding a light saber, powerful but stressful. I also watch to not hurry after marking a spot. I managed to finish a game at Alien difficulty after many failures in about an hour.  Cool

That's great! That is actually a very good time!

I think the Supersonic mode was designed to be as fast as possible at the expense of "safety". I also screwed up a couple of games just within the last hour because my mouse slipped, I marked too many mines, and immediately got it over a number which opened a mine and blew me up. I play mostly on Expert recently though, so that wasn't too frustrating.

And thanks for your feedback - I am sure it will be considered whenever the game gets a revamp!
I play for a long time, on my Android device, Sweeper Craft, on "infinite" board (400*400). On a mobile device is harder to make a mouse (tap) mistake but the game is giving you a chance to go on after a mistake replenishing the four lives by discovering food. This game saves your progress after you close it and resumes it after I come back.
I wish from this minesweeper game the same features. A feeling of adventure, to save & resume the progress, to dare for big boards.